Thursday, March 19, 2009

I’m sitting alone



Middle of night, when all are gone
I’m here sitting all alone
Near the bay on this ice cold stone
I sit here on my own throne.

Sudden enough! A ring of the phone
Felt like a piercing shrill moan
Picked it up, but the ring was gone
Somebody else far apart was alone.

I saw the name, caller well known
Even in dark, her name shone
Someone old, whom I disown,
An old song was recalled intone.

Sitting here, I could hear her tone
I could even smell her cologne
I felt so sad, as the wind blown
Away my thoughts to the unknown.

Wonder I, would she have known?
I was tangled in this life of my own
And that’s why in this freezing zone
I’m sitting here, all alone!



Learnt about Monorhyme at The Writers Lounge.

9 comments:

  1. Tan, feelings portrayed in this poem, I can relate to as I feel myself in a similar situation. Far away from the love of my life, waiting... alone.. thanks again for a beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Nice poem. Somewhere touching. I see you write stories too. Who not try Tell a Tale then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Roshni and Anonymous

    We all remain in some situation at all times. This is just one of them!

    Story Teller

    I have visited the blog and have posted the latest story I wrote. Hope you will consider that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do u get ur inspiration from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. well lonliness is a terrible disease....hope we never get trapped in it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Anonymous

    I felt your absence here ... is it the same you? I dont know ... Thanks for the comment ... and Inspiration? Oh! I get it from what I see around me ... and MOST OF THE TIMES, I just imagine things!!!


    @ Nitu

    Lonliness is a disease? Well Doc, you might know best. Thanks for the comment ... BTW, did you like it?? hehehe ...

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is truly beautiful....i know i took a break from blogging for some time....but trust me with such stuffs...u gonna find me quite regular here......add a die hard fan here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for being my fan, Mysterious Gal (at least for saying so...) hehehe. .. that itself is a wonderful feeling ... I cherish that ... keep visiting and reading me more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading me and choosing to comment. Your comment always encourages me to write more and write sense. Keep visiting, whenever you can and comment on the posts. I will be more than eager to receive your comments and suggestions.

Warm Regards,
Tan :)

PS: Please visit my other blog: Thus Spake Tan!